Education and Workforce Development Committee (EWDC)
AFFOA is seeking individuals to serve on our Education and Workforce Development Committee (EWDC) in Revolutionary Fibers and Textiles. The charge of the committee will be to advise AFFOA on its education and workforce development investment portfolio. The EWDC will oversee the development and updating of AFFOA’s Education and Workforce development roadmaps on an ongoing basis. To realize these roadmaps, the EWDC will participate in identifying roadmap project topics and help design the proposal selection process. The Committee will oversee industry need and capability assessment, help identify proposal reviewers, and identify key initiatives for scaling of resources and skills.
Distinguished service in a fiduciary capacity on the Committee is critical to AFFOA’s success. We are looking for people with experience in roles that encompass: evaluation and measurement of program/curriculum impact, textile manufacturing training development and/or implementation, factory management, scaling innovative curriculum, transitioning and onboarding of veterans, integrating technology into different disciplines, and development of interactive online learning. Time commitment is approximately 4 days per month. Service term expected to be up to 2 years with option to renew, encompassing 2-3 project call cycles.
- Advise with directing AFFOA’s EWD investment strategy
- Survey industry needs by State to identify textile manufacturing training programs and needs of industry
- Assess strength, impact, and scalability of EWD capabilities
- Advise AFFOA on resource commitment
- Evaluate the process for project calls, evaluation and selection
- Evaluate and measure program/curriculum impact
- Develop success metrics on EWD progress
- Time commitment is approximately 4 days per month
- Service term expected to be up to 2 years, encompassing 2-3 project call cycles.
How to Apply/Nominate
Please apply/nominate https://www.tfaforms.com/436027. You will be submitting a one page bio highlighting the relevant experiences as they align with the expected role and responsibilities. Please note that selection for AFFOA committees is merit-based. The individual does not need to be an employee of a member organization. If you are a member of AFFOA, your time can be counted as cost share.